Sunday 12 June 2011

Lightning strikes [Tiramisu]

Ironically I noticed how much I liked baking when our oven stopped working after a lightning storm. The thing that made me want to bake was this http://bittykate.deviantart.com/art/Mocha-Cupcakes-205888259 picture. Since there was no chance of baking in our flat, I asked my mom if it'd be ok if I used her oven after eating at her flat like I do every saturday since I moved out. She said yes and so I went and tried to bake mocha cupcakes. While not my moste succsesfull baking expirience the cupcakes where edible and I had a lot of fun making them. 
On sunday I decided I wanted to make something sweet and cake like despite our oven not working. I always loved my moms Tiramisu and so I decided to try myself.
The outcome was satisfactoryor to put it in my roommates words... "If you absolutly have to you can make it again. Every week."
Difficulty: Easy
Time: 30 minutes preparation + 6hrs cooling time
Cost: ~7€
Servings: 8



  • 500 grams Mascapone
  • 200 milliliters Strong Coffee
  • 100 grams Powdered Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
  • 40 pieces Ladyfingers
  • 1 teaspoon Rum
  • 4  Eggs (separated)
  • Unsweetend Cocoa
Whisk egg whites until stiff.
Mix sugar and vanilla sugar with the egg yolks and then add the mascapone, stir well.
Fold egg whites into the mixture.
Mix the coffee with the rum (I use captain morgan) and soak the ladyfingers brifly.
Then layer the ladyfingers and the mascaponecreme into a backing or casserole dish. Starting with lady fingers and ending on mascapone.
Then refrigerate the dish for at least 6 hrs or better yet the whole night.
Befor serving dust the tiramisu with cocoa, but don’t use to much cocoa.
It’s also possible not to use the egg whites, the tiramisu will have a yellow tint but taste pretty much the same.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment